Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Italian Sub and Curly Fries


I was confused at first, because it was an out of state number. To be honest I was annoyed at the thought of it being another college that I have never even heard of calling to remind me that the application is tonight, but when I picked up it was my delivery: Italian sub, curly fries, and an orange soda. With no hesitation I ran outside barefoot, because my converse were three shades darker from outdoor practice the hour before. It was pitch dark outside, but one of the many cars with their headlights on must have been storing my dinner that I was longing for. 


"I am so confused. I don't know where I am."

"I think I am behind a library," a library that is totally on the the opposite side of where I was standing outside on the cold and wet cement. I rush over to her rather than have her become even more lost than before, and eventually through several repeated instructions I saw a white bag glistening under the street light. As a scurried over there she was with the bag and bottle I had been waiting for.

"Wow, you are beautiful."

Wait, what? No sorry for the confusion or here's your food? Nope...just "wow, your are beautiful." And there she had done it. She had made my day not only by delivering the soda I shouldn't drink and fries I was about to devour, but sharing one of her little thoughts with me. I was over thinking she was about to judge me for standing on the side of the street barefoot waiting for food, but she surprise me with her comment. I was taken back by not only the "you are beautiful," but the "wow" part of the statement.

Today was the first day in a week I had not cried. Today was one of the many days I wore minimal makeup, so it did sting as much when I expected to cry. Today was just another day, but thanks to the lost delivery girl I was seen a little more than I had felt like I been recently (even in the dark only under the street lights). So thank you delivery girl. I do not know your name and barely remember what you looked like, but wow...you are beautiful too, because your energy and positivity radiates even when you are lost.

From THAT girl,
- T

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment